Hurst Boiler manufactures a complete line of boiler room peripherals and auxiliary equipment such as blow down separators, surge tanks, pressurized feed water systems, open vented feed water systems, steam accumulators, super heaters, underfeed stokers, sloped reciprocating stokers, “chain grate” type stokers, pneumatic stokers, combustion chambers, multi-cyclone collectors and exhaust stacks.
Integrated Control Systems
The HURST “OXYMISER" deaerating boiler feedwater system eliminates the need of expensive oxygen scavenger chemicals and also offers the following advantages:
- Removes carbon dioxide as well as oxygen.
- Raises the boiler feedwater temperature, eliminating thermal shock in boilers.
- Improves overall boiler room efficiency.
- Feedwater pumps are sized for each individual application – assuring total compatibility and optimum operation.
- Vessels are ASME Code constructed for 50 psig.
- Compact design means smaller boiler room requirements.
- Integrated Monitoring and Control Systems are available for all Deaerator and Feedwater options.
- Welded steel tank, designed and constructed for 50 psig as per the requirements of ASME Code; deaerating section with spray valve.
- Structural steel stand with square tubing and steel pump platform.
- Feedwater pump and motor sets, sized for each application.
- Water inlet valve assembly for condensate return and fresh water.
- Overflow trap, tank thermometer, pressure gauge.
- Steam pressure reducing valve assembly with temperature controller.
- Safety relief valve(s), vent valves, tank drain valve.
- Water gauge glass set with cocks, drain valve, and protection rods.
Integration of equipment and IT systems and has become essential for efficient operation of facilities of all sizes. Hurst developed and offers a full line of processor based smart controls fully compatible with all Hurst designs including alternative fuel models, including existing boiler upgrade and retrofit options for this new technology. Precise control of fuel and combustion air can result in very high efficiencies for boilers. Hurst intelligent control systems allow you to harness these savings while increasing overall boiler plant productivity.
FireMaster is an on-board automated monitoring control system designed for the optimal control and operation of a single boiler/burner package.
BoilerMaster brings up to four of your boilers and equipment to a single collection control point. Now it is possible to monitor and manage your steam and hot water operations on-site from a user-friendly color touch screen, or remotely from off-site via secure internet by either computer or smartphone, or through a (SCADA) building automation system. Not able to be at the boiler room? Use the convenience of your office Ethernet network or the world wide web from anywhere, including from your smartphone, to access AND control the Firemaster system. Real-time data of efficiency and operating conditions are reported on a continual basis, and this information is archived daily into to the system’s history log and retrievable at any time. Utilizing the FireMaster’s array of options to suit your personalized boiler system enables the full power of the processor’s ability to manage and optimize over all efficiencies.
FireMaster uses LAN integrated Siemens S7-1200 series PLCs for process control.
FireMaster is designed to easily integrate with existing TCP communicating SCADA and data acquisition systems. Over 40 industrial protocols supported including BACnet, Modbus, EtherNet/IP, and more. Communication to Allen-Bradley/ Rockwell systems supported.
FireMaster includes internet based remote tech support via a hardware VPN. Touch screen includes multi-language option.
A boiler blowdown separator is designed to take water from the boiler during blowdown and reduce it to atmospheric pressure for disposal. The Hurst Boiler blowdown separator accomplishes this by separating the subsequent flashed steam from the hot water. As the blowdown enters the vessel, it is forced into a centrifugal pattern by means of a striking plate. The steam is vented to the atmosphere through a top connection. The Hurst boiler blowdown separator is built as per requirements Section VIII of the ASME Code and stamped by the National Board of Pressure Vessel Inspectors. The Hurst Boiler blowdown separator provides an economical means of safe boiler blowdown.
The separator includes a structural steel support stand for mounting to foundation. Options available are after cooler, manual cooling valve assembly, automatic cooling valve assembly, and exhaust heads.